27 April 2014

My Divine Mercy Sunday

What a day!

First off, words cannot express how happy that Pope John Paul II became a saint today! I was lucky enough to attend World Youth Day in Toronto in 2002, and being in the audience provoked a big change in my life. We also visited Rome on our honeymoon soon after his passing in 2005, and we were able to pray at his grave under St. Peter's.

St. John Paul II, pray for us!!!



We also celebrated my fertile BFF's son's First Communion this morning. I am so proud of him! His pew had the most guests and the priest seemed quite impressed that so many came to the 9am mass. Mr. JB and I offered to move to another pew so other family members could sit up front, but my BFF's mom insisted that we stay, and she isn't someone that one chooses to argue with! 

I tried really hard not to think that if we had conceived when we first got married that our child would be making their First Communion as well. The pain was there, but faint. I tried my best to focus on being the official family photographer. It's hard not to think about the could have beens, but this is the reality of my IF life and I'm trying to focus on what's ahead with our adoption plans.

After the First Communion (and travelling across the city) we had a family get-together with my mother's side of the family. There are quite a few April birthdays so my mom's siblings usually just have one big party. I was pretty shocked to see that my parents were in attendance! For those of you not in the know, my mother has been feuding with some of her siblings. The entire family hasn't been together in over three years. I hope and pray that this is a good sign. 

Lastly, it's my patron saint's feast day! I read about St. Zita of Lucca to my class on Friday afternoon and it finally made sense.  She was a servant and she performed her duties without complaining. Exactly what I need to do with my job, regardless of how difficult it has been (and will continue to be). St. Zita of Lucca, pray for us! 

11 comments:

  1. What great news that your parents were at the party!

    And what great insight from St. Zita.

    Prayers for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great your parents were at the party!! I hope the healing process has begun.
    I love your connection to your saint ... I didn't pick one yet and this motivates me to. St. JPII and St. Zita, pray for JB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the two new saints! Feeling very blessed to be Catholic and have two new saints to intercede for us!!!

    Thanks for reminding me about first communion time...I'll have to watch the mass schedule at our church since they do first communions during regular mass times...makes the church so crowded. Love first communions but not when I want to sit comfortably at mass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) patron-saint-feast-day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you were mostly able to enjoy the First Communion!

    I'm also glad to hear that you've been able to understand why St. Zita is your patron saint for this year. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for family reunions. when there is more communication, more peace can result. sounds like a joyful Divine Mercy Sunday, we were at the first communion, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great update! St. John Paul II, pray for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, hey, Zita is a great name! I am all smiles about JPII's canonization, too. I miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    carpets underlay abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome.artificial lawn abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

  11. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    floor plastic carpet price in dubai

    ReplyDelete