16 July 2009

Four


1. Where/how did you meet: We attended a workshop together on September 24, 2002, but I don't remember him, however, he remembered me!
2. How long have you known each other: He called me on October 23, 2002 and we went on our first date on October 26th. So officially since October 23, 2002.
3. How long after you met did you start dating: We basically haven't been apart since our first date. I knew that we would get married by our second date on October 27th.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged: 10 months, he proposed on August 10, 2003.
5. How long was your engagement: 11 months
6. How long have you been married: 4 years
7. What is your anniversary: July 16
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: 230
9. What kind of cake did you serve: I had a chocolate vegan wedding cake, he had a groom's cake (that I didn't see, but there are pictures of it). Our photos were taken with my cake.
10. Where was your wedding: marriage ceremony was at St. Christopher Parish in M.ississauga, O.ntario, the reception was in G.rimsby, Ontario (the venue is now closed)
11. What did you serve for your meal: we had a Polish and Filipino caterer, we had everything from perogies to Filipino roasted pig (lechon) to pasta to salad, our wedding buffet seems to be the stuff of legends
12. How many people were there in your bridal party: 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 4 flower girls, and two ring bearers (but only one made it down the aisle)
13. Are you still friends with them all: yes, although one bridesmaid lives in the US and one groomsmen lives in Alberta
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony: I teared up at the top of the aisle, but I shook the tears off. I didn't want to be all teary in my photos.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day: My mom's cousin drove up with his family just for the ceremony but then left right after because they were going to Disneyland. I was pretty touched that they drove almost 20 hours just to go to the church.
16. Any funny moments: My grandmother was talking to my cousin who was supposed to be reading the "Prayers of the Faithful" and he forgot to go up, Mr. JB's cousin had to do all of the prayers alone! My cousin's daughter, one of the flower girls, walked in front of us while we were kneeling because she wanted to join her parents who were the musicians!
17. Any big disasters: It was 37C plus humidity. It also rained on and off throughout the day. We had raindrops in our big group wedding party photos.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon: Rome and Greece (Mykonos was our favourite island)
19. How long where you gone: 14 days
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change: I would've had the photographer stay for our first dance.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on: the left
22. What size is your bed: Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple: We talk about everything, full disclosure at all times.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple: our infertility, although it has made us a stronger couple.
25. Who literally pays the bills: me
26. What is your song: I'd like it to be "I.ce C.ream" by Sarah McLachlan, but we don't really have one that we can agree on
27. What did you dance your first dance to: "A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow", a song from M.ighty W.ind that Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara sing together, it was the first movie that we watched together
28. Describe your wedding dress: v-necked, no sleeves, with rusching (sp?) on one side and beautiful embroidery on the other, covered buttons down the back, made of chiffon, the third dress that I tried on
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding: the girls carried bouquets of white gerbera daisies, I had a bouquet of gerberas, roses, hydrangeas and lilies
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No

I'm a lucky lady to have such a wonderful, patient husband. I wouldn't trade him for anything!

p.s. I have no idea why the last couple of lines are so big! I've tried everything to make them the same size as the rest of the post. Argh!

9 comments:

  1. The bouquets sound gorgeous -- do you haven any pictures? I especially love gerberas and hydrangeas.

    August 10, 2003 is special for me too - my wedding anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love that you danced to a song from "A Mighty Wind" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I loved reading all about your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polish and Filipino catering sounds like the perfect combo. I'm incredibly hungry just reading about it...And my, are there ever some good vegan chocolate cakes out there. How come I can never make one come out decent?

    Happy anniversary! May you have many more joyful years together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you filled this out too! I loved reading about your wedding!

    I hope you both had an awesome day together and that today is great too! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! May there be many many more happy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary. I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete